Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Free Ebooks!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the The Broke and Bookish.This week's topic was one of our own choosing and I decided to talk all about my guilty pleasure: free ebooks! Whenever I feel myself in a reading slump, a quick book where I don't have to think gets me back into my reading mood. Some this year have really surprised me and down below is a list of my top ten finds of these past couple years!

10.) This Night So Dark by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

This Night So Dark is a free novella in the Starbound trilogy and sets place between books one and two. Though I didn't really get anything from this novella, I loved all the scenes between Tarver and Lilac. Going into Tarver's past and finding out why he was considered a hero was amazing to read.

9.) Wish by Alexandra Bullen

I read Wish right once I got my Nook, so I don't know whether or not this novel is still free. Though I'm a bit hazy on what happens, I liked this enough to buy its sequel. From what I remember Wish centers around a girl who receives a magical dress that can grant any one wish. Though it wasn't the best novel, I still had fun reading it and the sequel.

8.) Planet Urth by Jennifer and Christopher Martucci 

I read Planet Urth almost a year ago. The story is a dystopian that follows two sisters and their fight to survive. What kept me from continuing on was that there was a severe lack of world building, so I got confused on what was exactly happening. Planet Urth wasn't perfect, but it sure was entertaining.

7.) Tara's Tears by Karla Unger

At the time I read Tara's Tears I felt it was a bit underwhelming. However, this is one of my favorite free ebooks because I still think about the story to do this day. Yes, the details are hazy, but the fact that it has stuck by me for over a year is something worth talking about.

6.) Open Minds by Susan Kaye Quinn

Open Minds is the first in a young adult series by Susan Kaye Quinn. The debut in a series, Open Minds has an amazing concept where everyone can read each other's minds. Our main character, Kira Moore, is a zero. This means she can't read people's minds and others cannot read hers. The reader goes on a great adventure as Kira learns more about herself and whether or not she actually has an ability. While the writing was eloquent, the story held by attention and was a solid three star read.

5.) Double Dare by Rhonda Nelson

Double Dare is such a cute novel! Like most of these, they are not the best written or have the most original plot, but Double Dare was so much fun I could easily over look it. Though Double Dare might be excruciating if I analyzed it in any way, the novel is meant to be a "no thinking just reading" type of read.

4.) Wicked Games by Jessica Clare

Wicked Games, a new adult read, is based off of the popular TV show Survivor. When Abby, our main character, is accepted into the show, she finds one thing she never expected, love. Just like many others, Wicked Games is such a fun and fast paced book. I loved how we not only saw the game show aspect but the aftermaths as well.

3.)  Red at Night by Katie McGarry

Red at Night is a novella by Katie McGarry that was released just last year. If you've heard of Katie McGarry, you probably know that she is known for her young adult contemporaries, especially the Pushing the Limits series. This novella took me by surprise and every time I read it, I like it even more than the last.

2.) After Midnight by Melissa Landers

After Midnight is a novella that takes place between the first and second book in Melissa Landers' Alienated trilogy! Taking place near Christmastime, the novella follows our two main characters and how they celebrate Christmas together for the first time. Basically, After Midnight is the cutesy stuff we all want at the end of a contemporary novel, except this has aliens.



1.) Him by Carey Heywood

Him by Carey Heywood is my favorite free ebook I have read so far since 2012. I found this novel earlier this year, and just finished the trilogy just this week. Him introduces our two main characters, Will and Sarah, who have secretly been in love with each other since high school. When they meet up again for a wedding, the past is brought up. The story was so spectacular and introduced my favorite trope of best friends falling in love. Him is a must read!


Thanks for stopping by guys! Have you read any of these? What is your favorite free read? Let me know down in the comments!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

No comments:

Post a Comment