Thursday, November 26, 2015

Book Traveling Thursday: A Book You're Thankful For

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'm participating in the weekly meme Book Traveling Thursdays hosted by Danielle at Shelfies Above Selfies and Catia at The Girl Who Read Too Much!

This is one of my favorite weekly memes that I just started. Basically, we show a book that pertains to the subject for each week and the covers from all over the world of that book. Because it is Thanksgiving today, we're doing showcasing a book that we are thankful for! I did a post like this on Tuesday, where I listed the top ten books I'm thankful for this year! Go check it out here!

Today I am choosing....

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover! This is one of my favorite books of this year and I am so thankful I found this when I did! Colleen Hoover's writing is so addicting and reading the novel was such a great experience!


English Covers

I like both of these covers! The one of the left is my favorite out of all of these and the most commonly found. I think it completely enraptures the whole enitre story! The cover on the right is alright. I feel like it is a pretty standard cover, and I don't really feel like it captures the essence of the story. But overall, it is okay. Not great, but fine. I definitely like the cover on the left more. It's my favorite and I'm glad I own that version!


 Favorite

This edition is the Polish one! Instead of using the top left cover as my favorite, I decided to pick anther cover that I liked. It's not as good as the first, but something just immediately just draws me into this cover. The color scheme is great and I like the pose of the cover model as well. I don't really know why I like this cover so much, I just do! If I were able to collect books, I would be buying this one. 

                      Least Favorite


Both of these novels are my least favorite out of all the editions. The one to the left is Indonesian while the one of the right is German. I don't really like the one of the left because it isn't an accurate representation of the book at all. It just makes the book look angsty and juvenile. The one of the right also makes Sydney, the main character in the novel, look weak while in the novel, she is a strong female character. The cover also gives off vibes from the original Delirium cover by Lauren Oliver. 


Overall, there were more covers that I anticipated to liking. Even the my least favorite ones aren't that bad! What books are you thankful for? Maybe Someday has been one of the best reads of this year and I'm so happy that I took a chance on it.What has been one of your favorite books of this year?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you're having a good day! 

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you guys soon with another post! 
Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

2 comments:

  1. To be honest, I don't really think I'm a massive fan of any of these! I really hate the Indonesian one too - it's just so ugly! I don't mind the Polish cover though - it seems the best out of a bad bunch. Thank-you for sharing these, Genni! ♥

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitley agree with you! The one that I really love is the original on the left, but nothing else really speaks out to me. When I first saw the Polish cover I was really drawn to it, but the more I look at it, the lower my opinion becomes of it.

      Thanks Denise! Have a good rest of your weekend! :)

      Genni

      Delete