Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #1

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni and today I'll be participating in a weekly meme I have never done before! Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine.

My pick for this week is... Firstlife by Gena Showalter!
Goodreads blurb:  

ONE CHOICE.

TWO REALMS.

NO SECOND CHANCE.

Tenley “Ten” Lockwood is an average seventeen-year-old girl…who has spent the past thirteen months locked inside the Prynne Asylum. The reason? Not her obsession with numbers, but her refusal to let her parents choose where she’ll live—after she dies.

There is an eternal truth most of the world has come to accept: Firstlife is merely a dress rehearsal, and real life begins after death.

In the Everlife, two realms are in power: Troika and Myriad, longtime enemies and deadly rivals. Both will do anything to recruit Ten, including sending their top Laborers to lure her to their side. Soon, Ten finds herself on the run, caught in a wild tug-of-war between the two realms who will do anything to win the right to her soul. Who can she trust? And what if the realm she’s drawn to isn’t home to the boy she’s falling for? She just has to stay alive long enough to make a decision…


The reason I am so excited for this novel is because Gena Showalter knows how to write! She wrote one of my favorite guilty pleasure series, The White Rabbit Chronicles. I did a review of the last book in the series here if you want too check it out! I have high expectations for this one and I hope I am not disappointed! I don't know whether or not this will become a series, but I'm sure it will be great either way!

I haven't read a novel with a premise quite like this one, so I am excited for that aspect! Since the premise does seem so original, I just don't want it to fall into some common tropes. Here's hoping that Tenley isn't a special girl unlike anyone else who unknowingly holds the key to saving the universe!


Is Firstlife on your TBR? If you did a Waiting on Wednesday, make sure to link it below! I'd love to chekc it out. :D

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

8 comments:

  1. Hello Genni! It's your first Waiting On Wednesday post. Congratulations, and welcome to the weekly bookish meme! It's actually my first time, as well. :)

    I've seen this book all around twitter, but never really tried looking it up. The summary/blurb sounds interesting, though. So I guess I'll go and research more about the book and the author. -- Little Librocubicularist

    Little Librocubicularist (WoW)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Glad to know that I am not the only one who started this meme this week! :) Congrats to you too!

      I've read an excerpt of the book and really liked it, so fingers crossed it continues throughout the book. I'll be sure to check your post!

      Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  2. WoW is the one meme I have kept doing over the years. I think it's a great one!

    I have this book to review; I hope you enjoy it when you get to read it!

    Leeanna.me: WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked doing participating! I've already heard of so many more books that I added to my to-read shelf!

      Thanks Leeanna!

      Delete
  3. I am highly anticipating this book as well! :-)

    -Poulami @ Daydreaming Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got an ARC of this the other day, need to hurry up and get around to reading it! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having arc envy! :D I hope you like it! Thanks so much. :)

      Delete