Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Antcipated Releases for the Second Half of the Year



Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I will be participating in the weekly meme Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the lovely ladies from The Broke and the Bookish.Today's topic is as the title says: our most anticipated releases for the rest of the year! I actually have only nine for us today, because most of my anticipated releases were from the beginning of the year. Here we go! These are in no particular order. :D

9.) Did I Mention I Miss You? by Estelle Maskame
Did I Mention I Miss You? is the final book in Maskame's DIMILY  trilogy. I absolutely adored the first two books, and after the ending of the second, I cannot wait for this! I'm so excited to see how Eden and Tyler's story ends. Hopefully, it's with a happily ever after. :D 

8.) The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
I actually have no idea what this book is about. I haven't read the synopsis, and I don't plan on it. My goal is to be as blind as possible going into the book so I can just enjoy it for what it is. Nicola Yoon made her debut as an author last year with Everything, Everything. Her book was one of my favorites of the year, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll love this one just as much or more.  

7.) Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Gemina is the sequel to Illuminae, the most kick ass and exhilarating novel I read last year. I'm biting my nails waiting for this (not literally, because gross) and seeing how the space adventure unfolds. I'm kind of bummed that the sequel doesn't follow Kady and Ezra, but I still have high hopes. 

6.) Spare and Found Parts by Sarah Maria Griffin
To be honest, I don't know whether or not I'm going to be actually reading this one. I've been wanting to expand my reading to genres that I don't necessarily go for, and this is perfect for that! The more I think about the book, the more I am intrigued by it. The plot kind of reminds me of Eve and Adam, a book published a bit back by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate that I never got around to reading. 

5.) Surge by Melissa West
Surge is a full length prequel novel to Melissa West's published trilogy about aliens "coexisting" with humans. I really liked the trilogy, so I'm highly anticipating this prequel. I'd love to see how the world came to be.

4.) The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
I just started hearing about this book after so many bloggers and booktubers got back from BEA. I don't know too much about the plot, but the cover is beautiful! I'm really excited to see what I think about this!  

3.) United by Melissa Landers
United is the third and final book in Melissa Landers' Alienated trilogy. This was just supposed to be a duology, so I'm so happy that a third and final book was published. Aelyx and Cara have such a cute relationship, and I'm glad that I will finally have closure to this series.   

2.) Heartless by Marissa Meyer
Once again, I don't know too much about this book except that it is a fairy tale retelling by Marissa Meyer. That is all I need to know. Meyer's Lunar Chronicles is one of (or is) my favorite YA series out there, and I know I won't be passing this up. I might not be the biggest fan of Alice in Wonderland, but I am a huge of Marissa Meyer.  

1.) It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
Finally, I have It Ends With Us by CoHo. Hoover really can't do wrong (except Too Late, didn't like that one as much). She's one of my favorite authors and I will read anything she writes, including this. I might not read it this year, but that's just because my library doesn't stock her books! I've heard nothing but amazing things about this, and I know I'll eat it up when I get my hands on it. 


So those are my top ten nine anticipated reads for the rest of the year! What are some of your picks? If you did a TTT, make sure to link it down below!

Thanks guys for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read! 

18 comments:

  1. A new Nicola Yoon book! I can't wait for that. Great list, Genni and thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited! I'm prepared to cry. :) Thank you and you're welcome! :D

      Delete
  2. I had some of these on my list as well - so much to be excited about! Can't believe I forgot The Sun Is Also a Star though! I've been crazy excited for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're in the same boat! There were so many books that I forgot about after I saw other people's posts! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these, but I do love me some Marissa Meyer! I didn't love EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING (the ending was SUCH a cop-out), but I think I'd be willing to try another book by her.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Heartless is my most anticipated out of all of these. I think the ending for Everything, Everything either resonated really well or really badly with readers. I was personally spoiled, so I knew what I was getting into. You too!

      Delete
  4. So many great books here - I hadn't heard of The Thousandth Floor before. I'm going to have to look it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! I just started hearing about it recently and still don't have a big grasp on what it is about! :P

      Delete
  5. aahh.. I haven't read Illuminae. I know I tell myself that I'll read like ten times but I still haven't. I suck. I've also bene seeing The Thousandth Floor around and admittedly, the cover also attracts me. But I'll just be here waiting for reviews to come :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this is me telling you to read it now! Maybe you should try the audiobook? I've heard amazing things about it! I'll probably wait for the reviews for The Thousandth Floor before I pick it up to be on the safe side. :)

      Delete
  6. I have a lot of them in my list as well! Can't wait to get my hands on them! Great list!

    - Poulami @ Daydreaming Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heartless was on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/14/top-ten-tuesday-61/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed to be a popular one this week! :D I'll be sure to stop by!

      Delete
  8. The Thousandth Floor sounds really interesting! I know it sets in the future, but it gives me 1920s vibe :D

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see where you're getting that. From! The over is very glitzy! :)

      Delete
  9. I agree with you about the cover for The Thousandth Floor. I don't normally read that genre but I might just get that because of the cover and hope that it's a great book :D

    Sya @ Bookish Sya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started getting back to dystopians and I'm not sure how I feel about them yet! I'm hopeful for his one though!

      Delete