Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #3

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be participating in the weekly meme Waiting on Wednesday. This meme, which is hosted weekly by Breaking the Spine, showcases an upcoming release that we are excited about. 

My pick for this week is...

The Memory Book by Lara Avery!

Here is the goodreads blurb:

They tell me that my memory will never be the same, that I'll start forgetting things. At first just a little, and then a lot. So I'm writing to remember.

Sammie was always a girl with a plan: graduate at the top of her class and get out of her small town as soon as humanly possible. Nothing will stand in her way--not even a rare genetic disorder the doctors say will slowly start to steal her memories and then her health. What she needs is a new plan.

So the Memory Book is born: Sammie's notes to her future self, a document of moments great and small. It's where she'll record every perfect detail of her first date with longtime crush, Stuart--a brilliant young writer who is home for the summer. And where she'll admit how much she's missed her childhood best friend, Cooper, and even take some of the blame for the fight that ended their friendship.

Through a mix of heartfelt journal entries, mementos, and guest posts from friends and family, readers will fall in love with Sammie, a brave and remarkable girl who learns to live and love life fully, even though it's not the life she planned.


I just started hearing about this book when everyone got back from BEA, or Book Expo America. This book was given out during the expo, and every single time I see it, I get more excited! The Memory Book doesn't seem like a fun read, but it sure sounds engaging and I am looking forward to getting immersed into the series. I love the tagline for the book, and I hope that it will impress me when I get around to reading it. 

I haven't read anything by Lara Avery, but hopefully I will like what I read! I love the tagline for the novel, and fingers crossed I'll like the actual content even more. If you did a Waiting on Wednesday this week, make sure to link it down below.


Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

14 comments:

  1. This book sounds absolutely haunting! I can already feel the heartbreak just from the synopsis. The tagline is really good. I'm definitely going to have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You took the words from my mind. :D I'm so excited to read it and for your thoughts!

      Delete
  2. This one does look promising. I'm intrigued by the idea of her having to record he memories for her future self. It's different and has originality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I am thinking! I'm also hoping that there might be some mixed media happening too.

      Delete
  3. I've seen this one around, it does sound like it might be a good one! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not read anything by this author either! I've seen this book several times and I think I passed it on Edelweiss? I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Gennifer. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have as well! I remember thinking about requesting it on Netgalley and then I saw who the publisher was and I knew I would be denied. :D

      Thank you! You too!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a page turner for sure! I'm a new GFC and Bloglovin' follower. My Waiting On Wednesday is here, if you'd like to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following! I'll be sure to do the same. :D

      Delete
  6. I heard about this book for the first time yesterday, and it does look good! Nice pick. :)

    ReplyDelete