Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #4

Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be participating in weekly meme Waiting on Wednesday. Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. Every week we highlight upcoming releases we are excited about!

This month I am participating in SciFi month, which is hosted by Rinn @ Rinn Reads and Lisa @ Over the Effing Rainbow. In order to tie that in, I am going to be showing everyone an upcoming science fiction read I'm looking forward to. 

This week, I chose Starfall by Melissa Landers!
Here are Starfall's Stats:
Pages: 368
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Expected Publication: February 7, 2017
When Princess Cassia Rose fled her home world of Eturia to escape an arranged marriage, she had no idea her sudden departure would spark a war. Now after two years hiding as a ship hand, she is finally returning to her beloved home, but not in the way she imagined. Shackled by bounty hunters, she is violently dragged back to account for her crimes. Her only solace is that the Banshee crew managed to evade capture, including Kane Arric, her best friend...with occasional benefits.

Meanwhile, Kane and the rest of the crew of the Banshee plan a desperate rescue mission. But when they arrive on Eturia, Cassia isn't exactly in need of heroics—she's claimed her birthright as Eturia's queen, but has inherited a war-torn planet simmering with rebellion. Cassia must make alliances, and Kane, the bastard son of a merchant, isn't a choice that will earn her any friends. Kane knows he will never find someone to replace Cassia—and is certain she returns his feelings—but how can he throw away his own promising future waiting on a queen?

When the outer realm is threatened by the dangerous Zhang mafia, Cassia, Kane and the rest of the Banshee crew uncover a horrifying conspiracy that endangers the entire universe. In the face of unspeakable evil, Cassia must confront her own family's complicated legacy on Eturia and decide once and for all who her real family is.
 Why I'm Waiting
So...I know I haven't read the first book. But that doens't mean I'm not excited for Starfall! I've enjoyed everything I've read by Landers, and I really want to read Starflight. But no matter how many times I request my library to buy it, they don't respond! And I just don't have the money to buy it right now! One day I will read Starflight!! 

Also, who can't be excited for this book with a cover like that? It's outstandingly beautiful.

What did you pick this week? Are you looking forward to Starfall? 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!   

10 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to read Starflight, I have heard so many good things about it. I love this cover so dramatic, I didn't realize we even had a title for the sequel let alone a cover!

    - Hills of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like we're on the same boat! :D I didn't either. I was looking through my to-read list and saw that the cover was released! I absolutely love it too!

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of this book, but the synopsis sounds really good! I'm going to add it to my Goodreads right after I finish this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a beautiful cover. I have Starflight on my list to read too and just haven't yet, but I will (hopefully) before this comes out. I'd love to read em back to back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great idea! I love reading sequels back to back. That way, I won't forget anything vital in the sequel. :)

      Delete
  5. I am sooooooooo excited to read this book! I've adored all of Landers' other books, and I've got this one preorderd. It's so cheap right now. Gah! Need. :D

    Have a great week, Gennifer!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so tempted to just pre-order it! But I don't own the first book so it would be kind of pointless. :D

      You too Alyssa! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

      Delete