Monday, May 29, 2017

Mangas I've Read + Give Me Recommendations!! (PLS)

Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni, and today we are talking about manga. I've always wanted to talk about manga more on my blog, but I just haven't because I have a dilemma: I can't find manga that I am really interested in! So, I figured all of you could (hopefully) help me out! Give me some recommendations if you have them. Down below are the manga I've read and finished, and what I though about them so you'll get a feel for what I like. At the end I'll mention some manga that I never got around to finishing. I wouldn't be opposed to finishing them, they just don't grab my attention as much as I want them to!


Finished 
Cat Street by Yoko Kamio
This was good, but it wasn't stand otu. I read it, I liked it, and I quickly moved on. Unlike some others in this list, Cat Street didn't really leave me with a lasting impact. every now and again it'll randomly pop in my head, but I didn't LOVE it.

Marmalade Boy
Marmalade Boy is one of my favorite mangas of all time. That's not saying much because I haven't read a ton (as you can see) but I just love this with all my heart. I don't know which one  I like more, Fruits Basket or Marmalade Boy. Both of them are my loves. :D


Peach Girl
Peach Girl is a total guilty pleasure read for me. The manga has so much drama and back and forth, and it is everything I needed at the time I was reading it. I love Peach Girl for what it is, but it's not too impactful. I do love this love triangle, so I'd be willing to read some manga in the same vein.

Fruits Basket

Like I just mentioned, Fruits Basket is one of my favorite manga of all time. I don't know how I got into it, but i did. It was the first manga I read, and I absolutely loved it. I bought merch, even! This is rare for me, because I am super cheap. I have yet to own the whole series, but I hope to one day. That way I can put them all in my Fruits Basket travel bag!

Mermaid Melody
So I actually watched the anime before I read the books, and I actually liked the anime better! The plot, which is essentially about 7 mermaids fighting against evil, is super fun and addicting. Their is also romance for all the characters, which I just adored. I shipped all the couples so hard. 

Full Moon o Sagashite
This is another one where I liked the anime better! I started reading the manga, started and finished the anime, and then finished the manga. To be honest, the ending of the manga confused me a lot, but I had a better grasp when watching the anime instead. I just loved the whole celebrity and singing aspect of the book. 

*Update: Just doing this post made me want to reread all the manga or rewatch all the anime I listed above! I think I know what I'll be doing this summer...


Started/Never Finished
Last Game 
I was actually really getting into this, and other things got in the way. I hope I remember enough to continue, and I'm sure that if I just started where I left off (I read the first four volumes) it wouldn't be too hard. This means that I only have 7 volumes left, which to be honest, I could knock out in a day if I wanted and if I was compelled enough.

Boys over Flowers
I read the first four volumes, and then I got intimidated by the size. Plus, it didn't help that I got super confused with who was who. The huge cast of characters was what made me put down the book. I couldn't follow the plot easily because I had to keep looking up what had happened!

Yotsuba&!
I don't remember where I left off of this series, to be honest. I read it when I was super young, and I just have hazy recollections of loving it. I remember a scene where someone is explaining to Yotsuba what global warming is and why we can't leave air conditioners on all the time, and that's about it.
 
VB Rose
I actually own the first 8 volumes of VB Rose! My fifth volume has been mysteriously missing though, which is a shame. I was really getting into this back in the days when Borders was opened. When the closed, I realized how expensive mangas were, especially if I was reading them in less than an hour. This series essentially just got sidetracked because I became cheap. However, I am super interested in getting back into this, and I distinctly remember everything, so it wouldn't be too hard to jump in.

Okay, so those are all the manga I've completed or read parts of!

If you have any recommendations for me, comment them down below! Thanks so much for stopping, and I'll see you soon with another post. :)

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

4 comments:

  1. I've been told that I really need to start Fruits Basket. Death Note is one of my all time favorites alongside Inuyasha - I need to continue Attack on Titan, Claymore, Ranma 1/2, and Tokyo Ghoul. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the titles Lauren! I hope you love Fruits Basket! :)

      Delete
  2. You should definitely go hit up Carrie's blog (http://sweetcherry69.blogspot.com/) if you haven't already. I personally don't read manga but she also loves manga and I have a feeling she would be able to give you some good recommendations! Best of luck, Genni!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura!! I'll hop on by and follow. I'm in dire need of some recommendations. :) Thank you!

      Delete