Thursday, June 8, 2017

My June TBR!

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! Today I'll be sharing with you the books I plan on reading in June. Now, it is no secret that I suck at TBRs. If you look back at my TBRs and then what I actually read, they differ quite often. Nevertheless, I have a naive hope that I can stick to my TBR this time. 

With school done for me, I have a ton of free time. Today for instance, I've just read, done chores, relaxed, and blogged. With these extra eight hours in my day I'll have time to actually stick to my TBR. Without further ado, here are the books I hope to read this June!

For Sure

1) Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout
So this might be cheating, but I just read Deity on the fourth! Deity is the third book in Armentrout's Covenant series, and it was pretty good. So far it has been my favorite in the series and I'm looking forward to reading the fourth. This series isn't my favorite of Armentrout's, but it is super fun. 

2) Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
And....this is the fourth book in the Covenant series! I had to put this on here, because I know for sure that I'll be reading this. I'm determined to finish the series soon, and I might read the fifth and final book this June too. The way that the third book ended had me reaching for the fourth right away. 

3) City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
After taking a break from the Shadowhunter world for almost a month, I'm ready to jump back in! I recently started reading City of Heavenly Fire and am really enjoying it. I've been spoiled about it a lot, some from my own fruition, but I'm still very excited to see how everything plays out. 
 
4) Windwitch by Susan Dennard
This is yet another fantasy book in a series I plan on reading! I guess I'm on a fantasy kick! While the first three are urban fantasy, this one isn't. Windwitch is the sequel to Truthwitch, which was published last January. I enjoyed Truthwitch, but I didn't love it. I'm listening to the audiobook of Widwitch right now and I'm already enjoying it more! 

5) Sleeper by MacKenzie Cadenhead
Sleeper is a thriller about Sarah, a girl who suffers from a REM Sleep Disorder that causes her to act out her dreams unconsciously. I am around 60 percent done with the book right now, and really enjoying it. I haven't heard any buzz about this, but hopefully some will start to circle around! 

6) Weregirl by C.D. Bell
I seriously need to finish this book. I have been reading this book for almost two months now. It's not that this book isn't good, there's just no push for me to read it and I keep forgetting about it. I'm determined to finish it in June though, because two months is an insanely long time for me to read a book. 



Maybe?
7) End of Days by Susan Ee
I read World After, the second book in this series, just a month or two ago and loved it. Hopefully I have time to get to this fantasy series as well! I won't be too disappointed if I don't, though. I had such a blast with the first two books, and I hope that this one won't disappoint. 

8) Unblemished by Sara Ella
I wished for this book on Netgalley and just got approved for it! I do want to read this book in June, and it has higher priority than End of Days does. This is also a fantasy, but I don't know too much about it except that the main character has a birthmark that covers half her face. I hope that there are some themes of self-acceptance in the book! 

9) Cover Fire by Jess Anastasi
This is another book I got approved of on Netgalley. To be honest, I was surprised when I was approved for this, but excited that I was! I've been trying to spread my wings out of my normal young adult, and this book proves so! Cover Fire is a science fiction romance about two adults (not teens, yay!!) that crash land on a mysterious planet. 

Those are the nine books I really want to get to! Nine isn't too much for me, so I'm thinking I'll get to all of them. That is, if I actually stick to this list. 

That books do you want to read this June?

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!


10 comments:

  1. Great list! I totally know what you mean about sticking to my TBR, I usually venture off and read something that I really shouldn't have..
    I'm dying to read Windwitch. I've been waiting for my turn to get the book from my library and its taking way too long. I think theres still like 4 people ahead of me :(
    I can't wait to see what you think about Sleeper, it sounds really interesting but I haven't read any reviews on it yet, so I'm not sure what to expect.
    End of Days was actually really good, it was a good ending to the series.
    Best of luck this month, hopefully you'll have lots of time to read and relax :)
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aneta! I always have naive hope that I'll stick to it, and it might be coming true this month!
      Ah, I'm sorry! Waiting is always the worst, especially when the people in front of you take forever to read the book!
      I actually just finished Sleeper yesterday, so my review will be up soon! I really enjoyed it, but I wish certain things were expanded upon.
      Thank goodness! I loved Angelfall and World After, so I hope I won't be disappointed.
      Thanks so much Aneta! You too. :)

      Delete
  2. This is a great list! I've been sort of in a fantasy/magical-realism kick too since the summer kicked in, even though I usually turn to contemporaries during the warmer months. I actually read World After, and End of Days at the start of the month, and loved them both! End of Days is super, super fast-paced so if you're looking for something that simmers and is slower, that might not be the best choice! But I do hope you get to it soon and love it as much as I did. :)

    ~ Aimal @ Bookshelves & Paperbacks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aimal! I've become a huge fantasy reader recently, but I hope to get one or two contemporaries in here for June! Fast paced is my jam! I'm looking forward to it even more. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I also took a Shadowhunters break but I think I'm going to try Lady of Midnight/Lord of Shadows this summer!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love them! Now that Shadowhunters (the tv show) is on, it's like a constant exposure. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh yay, you got Cover Fire! That's awesome. The only one here that I have read is Windwitch and I liked it but didn't love it, compared to Truthwitch. I looooved Truthwitch. Happy reading, Genni!

    Have a wonderful weekend. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm excited to read it! After finishing the books I'm reading, it's next on my list as well as some I got from the library. I didn't love Truthwitch, and I'm actually liking Windwitch a lot better. All that world building paid off in the end!

      Delete
  5. Hope you like City of Heavenly Fire, Genni! :)

    ReplyDelete