Friday, July 21, 2017

The Friday 56 with Book Beginnings! No. 7

Hey everyone and welcome back (or to!) to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be participating in Friday 56 and Book Beginnings. They are hosted by Freda's Voice and Rose City Reader, respectively.

The rules are simple for both. For the Friday 56, we turn to page 56 or 56% in our e-reader and highlight a passage of any book! Book Beginnings is where you feature the first sentence (or so) of a book and give your thoughts and impressions.


Friday 56
So this is a quote from Nyxia, written by Scott Reintgen. As I'm writing this, I'm about 60 percent of the way through, and hopefully I'm done by the time this goes up! I'm so happy that I got approved for this, because I'm loving this! The book is about 10 teens who go up into space and compete on-board a spaceship to mine nyxia, a metal-like substance that people can control with their minds, on a new planet. So far the book is moving at a breakneck pace and all the characters are so complex. If you are interested in this, I highly recommend it!



Book Beginnings  

This is the first sentence from Recreated, the sequel to Colleen Houck's Reawakened. The book starts right after Amon's rash decision at the end of the book. I'm roughly 20 percent of the way through so far. I'm not loving it, but I'm not disliking it either. I hope the book picks up, but either way I know I'm going to finish the series. Even if it is just for the sake of finishing it!  




Have you read either of these books? What did you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

16 comments:

  1. It's a really intriguing line! Love it!

    Here's mine ; http://bit.ly/2vrpZVS

    Happy weekend!

    Luv

    Sassy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nyxia is on my Kindle for review but I haven't gotten to it yet. I'm reading The Danger Gang and the Pirates of Borneo! by Stephen Bramucci - a fun middle grade adventure. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it when you get around to reading it! I really enjoyed myself! You too, Kathy!

      Delete
  3. You've left me wanting more! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nyxia sounds like an interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I had a great time reading it; it's actually one of my favorites of the year!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! I loved Nyxia and am slowly but surely making headway in Recreated. :)

      Delete
  6. Both look great. Love the quotes from both, especially Nyxia. That one has me really curious as I've been drifting back towards sci fi lately...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend Nyxia then! I would say it is a sci-fi/action story though, so if you want a heavily sci/fi focused book, it might not be the one for you. I loved it though!

      Delete
  7. I've heard not-great things about the rest of the Reawakened series. I'd read Reawakened and enjoyed it, but I won't be finishing the series. Another reader gave me some spoilers from book two and I was not happy. :/ Ah well! It happens.

    Have a great week, Genni. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's pretty meh. The way the story is going is pretty weird and I know that some sort of love triangle/square thing happens, which I'm not looking forward to too much. Based on how much you hate love triangles, I think you made the right choice not reading this.

      Thanks Alyssa! You too. :)

      Delete
  8. Both of these are new to me! Nyxia sounds interesting but it's been a long time since I've read anything set in space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of the two, I would recommend Nyxia! I enjoyed it a lot more than I am Reawakened.

      Delete