Monday, December 18, 2017

Music Monday #4

Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni and today I'll be participating in my second Music Monday post! Music Monday is hosted by  Lauren @ Always Me. Earlier in the year I said I would participate in this more frequently, and I completely failed! However, I normally don't have a set post every week besides Waiting on Wednesday, and I thought that this fit in well!
 


Here are the rules:
Every Monday share one or two of songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

By now, you've probably heard that Taylor Swift released a new album. While I've been obsessing over it, one of my favorite songs from the album is "I Did Something Bad."

Down below is the original that Taylor Swift released, and then a BEAUTIFUL cover of the song that just reignited my love!






Which version of the song did you enjoy more?I can't decide which one I like more. The harmonies in the cover as well as the instrumentals are amazing, so I'm leaning towards that! If you have listened to Taylor's new album, which is your favorite? The only song that I don't like that much is "This is Why we Can't Have Nice Things."

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

                                                 Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up this week, Genni!

    You know I still haven't heard this album all the way through - just what's been on the radio so far. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Lauren!!

      I completely understand! It took me months to listen to 1989 all the way through. :) I hope you enjoy it when you do! There are some that I don't like, but I think it's a strong album overall.

      Delete
  2. I actually still prefer the original! I don't know what it is about covers but even if they're gorgeous and amazing, most of the time I still prefer the original. Still, I agree with you: the harmonies in the cover are AMAZING!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm normally the same way! I guess the harmonies just really did me in. But I still love the electronics that are in the original, and if I really want to jam, I'll be listening to Taylor's version. If I want to sing a long and belt? Then I'll be listening to the cover. :D

      Delete
  3. This is the first time I'm listening to that cover and I must say it's really, really good! I do still prefer the original, but I'd listen to this again no doubt! Thanks for sharing! My most favorite from the album is Ready For It- it's somehow just perfecttt- along with Don't Blame Me, and my least fave would no doubt be Dress. I'm not sure exactly why but it just didn't click with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over the past couple weeks, I keep going back and forth on which one I like more! I didn't like Dress the first couple times I've heard it, but it's grown on me. Ready For It, Dancing With Our Hands Tied, Getaway Car, New Year's Day...all fantastic!! The two that really doesn't click with me is This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things and King of My Heart; I just skip them now. :/

      Sorry for the late response Ruzaika! I hope your loving her album and 2018!

      Delete